The Australian Human Resources Institute have launched a national AHRI Talent Community with LiveHire, ironically, lighting a fuse that may ultimately blow up HR…
and reform it into something wonderful.
Why are we here?
Human Resources, People Operations, Employee Success, Chief Everything Officer, call it what you want, our objective is to optimise the productivity and purpose of an organisation by optimising the effectiveness and happiness of its people.
The problem is, it’s not really playing out that way.
- The average lifespans of fortune 500 companies are shrinking, from 75 years half a century ago, to today less than 15 years.
- The average time to hire talent into an organisation has more than doubled in the last 5 years, from 28 to 68 days.
- Almost all of the net job creation (read innovation) in the last 5 years has been through small business, where HR does not commonly play a role.
- At the same time, companies struggle to realise the diversity of ideas and innovation that comes with a diverse and included workforce, and society pays the price with large cohorts of talent unable to contribute fully.
As a result, large organisations are being constantly, creatively destroyed, and we are not bringing new talent into our organisations fast enough, or unlocking their potential well enough, to survive.
So it’s hard to argue we are on the right track for achieving our purpose.
So let’s change track.
With Google’s “People Operations” consisting mainly of organisational psychologists and data analysts, and many of the world’s most disruptive and innovative companies following suit, HR as an “administrative” or “mediator” role may soon be a thing of the past.
So where do you sit?
Where do you want to be?
The Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI) will invite over 20,000 HR professional members in Australia to an exclusive Talent Community, to help shine a light on what capabilities Australia’s HR professionals already have, and what gaps we need to learn and evolve to, in order to steer our futures most innovative companies to success on the world stage.
Are you up for it?
I think you are.
We consider ourselves the orchestrators of organisational change, the masters of learning and development, let’s throw that challenge back on ourselves.
Join the AHRI Talent Community
If you are an AHRI professional member, you should shortly receive an invite to participate by creating a private LiveHire profile and joining the AHRI Talent Community. If you’re not an AHRI member, chat to their team.
Participation in this study will provide you with three unique benefits:
- You’ll receive exclusive benchmarking reports on the skills and capabilities the HR profession collectively has. You’ll be able to compare yourself to profession-wide data on salary, experience, diversity, workforce preferences, mobility and more, as we collectively move our industry towards the capabilities we need to help our organisations and people succeed in the future.
- You can further your own career opportunities by joining Talent Communities of the employer brands you love, with your new LiveHire profile, and choose to participate in the anonymous Talent Marketplace, where companies can reach out to you for direct employment opportunities.
- Introduction and education around a completely reimagined way of connecting talent to your own organisations more efficiently and productively, through the Talent Community Academy Series.
So what are you waiting for? Take a few moments today to complete your LiveHire profile, and together with AHRI, let’s help create a world that works.
You can read and share the Getting Started with Live Talent Communities Guide here.